These award-winning developer components for the Pocket PC allow for the creation of sprite-based games and multimedia applications. They are free to use for any purpose, commercial or otherwise.
Copyright (c) 2001-2006 Andy Beaulieu, SpriteHand Software All rights reserved. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
ASprite.NET - a managed code component for 2D sprite-based applications
ASprite.NET is a collection of classes for creating 2D sprite-based multimedia and games using .NET. It is a partial port of ASpriteCE, and all source code is provided so that you can extend it to your needs. While ASprite.NET was designed for Smart Device Applications under the Compact Framework, it's classes are directly portable to other .NET platforms.
- ASprite.NET is free to use for any use, commercial or otherwise. Source code is included.
- GameWindow, Sprite, Sound and Utility classes for multimedia development.
- 100% pure managed code (with the exception of the Sound class). This means your built application should run on any .NET implementation (under CE, desktop, etc).
- An easy to understand object model and API.
ASpriteCE - a Pocket PC ActiveX component for 2D sprite-based applications
The ASpriteCE Game Control is an ActiveX control which allows creation of PocketPC games using eVB and other development tools.
- ASpriteCE is now free for any use, commercial or otherwise.
- More than 20 functions for defining and controlling sprites.
- Create sprites and backgrounds from GIF, JPEG, BMP and PNG files.
- Built-in methods for easily creating tiled, scrolling games.
- Play wave files, or loop a wave.
- The control itself is about 100 kb. It has low dependencies - the eVB and ATL300 runtime dll's ship on almost all PocketPC platforms in the ROM. The eVB code you write is usually very compact.
- An easy to understand API, usable from the intuitive eVB IDE.
AWaveCE - A freeware ActiveX control for mixed sound and MOD playback on the Pocket PC.
The AWaveCE Audio Control makes it easy to add music and buffered sound to your Pocket PC apps. It is an ActiveX Control wrapper for Mikmod, an LGPL library.
- Sound Mixing: Plays multiple sounds, mixing the output.
- MOD Playback: Plays MOD Music files in several formats.
- It's Freeware: AWaveCE is free, and the complete source code is included in the download. AWaveCE is simply a wrapper for Mikmod, an existing LGPL library that has been ported to the Pocket PC.
Note that AWaveCE contains mikmod code, which is under an LGPL license.As far as we understand this license, you may use AWaveCE in commercial applications without having to publish any of your application code as GPL or LGPL license. This is because (a) the entire AWaveCE source code is available here for changes to mikmod to be linked in, and (b) there arevery minorchanges to mikmod code in AWaveCE, it is merely a wrapper. While SpriteHand Software interprets the LGPLas allowing use of AWaveCE inyour applications, you should consult a lawyer to get appropriate legal advice.